Tried & Tested ‘Think Manures’ has been revised by the Professional Nutrient Management Group (PNMG) and the Environment Agency were key players in the revision of this informative easy-to-read booklet. It is now available in downloadable PDF format or on the latest Tried & Tested USB stick.
How to get your free copy
Bulk and single copy orders are welcome by clicking one of the options below:
- Order a printed copy to be sent in the post by leaving a voicemail message on 024 7685 8896 or click here to send an email. Please provide a postal address and the number of copies required when ordering.
- Download a searchable PDF version - click here
- Request a Tried & Tested USB memory stick in the post - click here
Aimed at farmers and advisers, ‘Think Manures’ is an illustrated guide to understanding:
- When to spread
- How to make best use of your stores
- How much to spread
- Where to spread
- How to spread accurately and evenly
- Consider the likely return on investment for soil and manure testing on farm
- Where to get further help and advice.
- The definition of slurry and the notes associated with the diagram on separating clean and dirty water help to clarify the difference between slurry and dirty water,
- Reference to manures heaps reflects the change in NVZ requirements in May 2014
- The choice of spreading machinery has changed and the appropriate use of deep injection and high trajectory spreading has been clarified.